Tracy, Iowa 50256
M-F: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
S: 7:30 - Noon
Malcom, Iowa 50157
M-F: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
S: 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Using waste materials to make crafts is not only an excellent way to recycle, it is also a good way to teach/learn about waste reduction. It provides people of all ages a creative challenge and can be a fun activity for the whole family.
We have listed below some excellent web sites for crafting and the electronic version of our Watching your Waste at the Holidays booklet (PDF; 472 KB).
Crafts Internet sites
- The Imagination Factory (an excellent site!): http://www.kid-at-art.com/
- Recycled Christmas Tree: http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/airwaste/
- Recycling Crafts Ideas: http://www.make-stuff.com/christmas.html
- 42 Ways to Trim Your Holiday Wasteline: http://www.use-less-stuff.com/ULSDAY/42ways.html
- Reduce Holiday Gift Wrapping: http://www.eco-artware.com/crafts/index.shtml
- Crafts for Kids: craftsforkids.miningco.com